A lot of guys flirt. Although flirting has earned a bad reputation, it is the language of humans for attraction. Guys use flirting with communicating their attraction to the opposite gender without any wish to bed them. So is flirting cheating? Is it wrong? For many, it is a reliable way to put out feelers without being open. In contrast, some others have described it as a symptom of dissatisfaction with some aspect of the relationship.
For a buffet of reasons, guys flirt even when they are in a relationship. Here are some of the reasons:
- They like to remind themselves they still got it:In some cases, guys in relationships feel bored. They like to reminisce the fun of chasing and trying to get a new girl. Men are selfish and like to be expressive. They do not want to feel like a puppy caged around. They want to chase toys, which’s okay unless they want to take their new toys home.
- Attention:Everyone craves attention, and men are not excluded. Like the ladies, guys want to hear that they are attractive. They may have all the love in the world for their girlfriend, but hearing “babe, you look awesome today” from a stranger hits different. The unique feeling that this elicits is typically indescribable.
- A backup option:Some say it is wrong – but is it? While some guys have a fantastic relationship, having flirts who sit around waiting for attention doesn’t seem to hurt anyone. You know what it is; you never have to start from scratch. It’s more like a win-win to me. So if for any reason she dumps you, you don’t have to go to the bar or start searching continuously on dating sites for a lady you’d like to date. There is always someone as a backup.
- He’s just cool: As much as this sounds weird, guys can have friends of the opposite gender without any strings attached. As a lady, if you find your lover flirting with some other lady, you don’t have to go off the deep end and hit-the-ceiling. Actually, you should see this as a compliment, considering that he still chose you regardless of the plethora of options available at his disposal.
- Boost Ego: Men generally like to opt for their game. They want to show up with their friends and be the alpha of the group. If he is handsome, he probably wants to arouse you and feel wanted. Everyone likes to feel wanted, especially when it feels like we are being competed for. To boost their ego and appear masculine, some guys flirt.
- To make what’s wrong feel so right: This may not make much sense. But more often than none, you get excited doing something you are not supposed to be doing. Some persons see flirting as cheating when you are in a relationship makes it more fun.
In summary, men like women need attention too. When men flirt, whether in a relationship or not, most of them want attention. Flirting doesn’t have a long-term implication. You can’t deduce much from flirting as long as they are looking, talking, and not touching.